Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas

This Christmas was wonderful!  We had a fabulous time with our friends and our little family.  Good food, fun gifts, service, cheery music, and very little snow made for a great holiday season.  Since this year was the first year that Brooklen has been somewhat aware of what was going on, I felt slightly pressured to fit in a lot of fun activities and traditions.  Brooklen "ate up" all of the fun activities; decorating cookies, making a gingerbread house, wrapping presents.  He loves art and crafts, so we spent some time making things and decorating his room.

wreath

chain
(notice the red paper that he chose; he is obsessed with strawberries)

room1

I really want to instill in my children a love for creating handmade gifts.  This year, Brooklen made all of his gifts.

gifts
(shoe shine box for Dad, snowcone kit for classmates, girly beanbags for Hurley)

christmas

He had a wonderful time opening gifts.  He was so spoiled, and Rob and actually got tired helping him open all of his presents. 

3 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography January 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

LOL! I love the kiwi's in his stocking! Love him!

Ethan January 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Such a cute little guy!

Mom January 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I love that he made his own gifts to give! You are a great mom!