Friday, January 8, 2010

Six Months

Dear Hurley,

Life is funny; it doesn't seem like you should be six months already!  At the same time, however, I can't even remember life without you.  You have been such a perfect little addition to our family; we are so blessed to have you as our daughter.

crawlh2

Hurley, you are the feistiest little baby that I have ever met . . . and I mean that in a good way.  You have been so alert since you were very small; your big eyes are always so inquisitive.  When people comment on how aware you are, I always note that you have a very active older brother that you always have to watch out for.  I've got a feeling, however, that in just a few short years, you are going to be giving him a "run for his money."

standing3

You are finally eating solids, and you already have a big appetite like Brooklen.  You never did learn to like rice cereal, instead you like to enjoy sweet potatoes, peas, cheerios, bread, and anything else that you can sneak off of our plates.  As far as technically non-edible items go, you have an appetite for paper.  Call us bad parents, but we occasionally let you treat yourself to this.

You love music, just like your brother.  Your personal favorite is Michael Buble.  But you also like Gloriana, Gavin Degraw, and lots of other great music.  You love to lay on the bed and watch music videos.  We have to stay on top of the programs, however, because as soon as a song ends, you impatienly scoot yourself of the bed as you cry for more music.

hurlstand

hurlstand2


You are definately a mover and a shaker.  You scoot, crawl, roll, and do whatever you need to do to get what you want. 

standing4

You are a happy baby.  You laugh when we tickle you, blow on your stomach, or say silly things.  If your tummy is full, and you are not tired, you are so independent.  I love that you will play toys all by yourself!  You usually sleep through the night, and you have learned how to soothe yourself to sleep.  If you are full, we can often lay you in your bed and you will put yourself to sleep.

brownshirt

Hurley, I love you more than words can describe.  I look forward to teaching you everything I know about life, the gospel, fashion, food, music, etc.  I am so excited to have a "partner in crime."  All of us are grateful that you are part of our family.

Love,

Your Mom

3 comments:

Zack Family January 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

I love your letters to them. She is a doll! I can't believe she is 6 months already. I feel like you just had her.

lauren January 9, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Can't wait to meet her!

Mom January 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

She is a beauty! I'm so excited to see her!