Monday, December 1, 2008

Relevant Sounds


I have been very lazy about blogging lately. No excuses; we just haven't done any "newsworthy" things in the past couple of weeks. It is cold now in Michigan, so we are mostly homebound now.

This past week, however, Brooklen has reached a new milestone. My very bright (and stubborn) boy has FINALLY shown some signs of wanting to verbally communicate with us. Yesterday as I was changing his diaper, we had a short conversation:

Me: Brooklen, what does a cow say?
Brooklen: Moo
Me: What does a duck say?
Brooklen: Quack, Quack
Me: What does a birdie say?
Brooklen: Tweet, tweet

He also says, "yeah" or "yes." Fortunately, he learned yes before he learned no! Right now, I can get a yes out of him for almost anything.

For now, I would not say that Brooklen has started talking. Instead, he is just once step closer to speaking in words instead of pointing and tantrums. This morning, I asked him if he wanted grapes or a banana. While he did not respond by saying "grape," his reply definately consisted of some sort of "G-like" sound.

6 comments:

My family Begins December 1, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

Did you get a new camera? Your pictures look SO good.

Brittni Schroeder Photography December 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

He says "Brittni" when you are not around. Sorry! I didn't want to tell you....

Great pic!

Zack Family December 1, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

You're lucky he answers yes, Boston answers NO to everything! Even when I ask him if he loves mommy..the answer is always "no".

rachel lee December 1, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

Isnt it great to have a blog to record all these details and memories?? I wish I had a site and could read what my mom might have written about me. So great...

Rachael December 1, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

GREAT photo! Here's the link for the Huey Monitor Calibration stuff. Sorry for the delay. Just got back from California. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882685001

Mom December 2, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

You didn't start talking until you were 18 months...then out came complete sentences! Maybe he takes after you!