Friday, August 22, 2008

Obsessed

It's pretty normal for me to always be "crushing" on a song. This week, though, my crush has escalated and become a full-blown love affair. I am nearly obsessed with the song, "Take a Bow," by Rihanna. The melody is infectious, the attitude is tres bien, and the lyrics make me wonder WDITOT (why didn't I think of that). I didn't even think that I liked Rihanna, and now, I can't get her out of my head. I have the words memorized, and yes, I have practiced saying the "please" like she does in the song over and over again; trying to say it just like she does. Today I practiced in the mirror (just admit it; you do it too); I think I've almost got it.

Too bad I don't have a kareoke party to attend anytime soon. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous August 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

I LOVE her music...I want her album~

Angie August 24, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

You are so funny! I love that you admit to singing in the mirror! Of course everyone does it!

Jessi August 25, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Totally love this song too! :)

Kristin Coppee August 26, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Yes, I love Rihanna. I have her album and listen to it all the time. It makes great workout music and great house-cleaning music when I'm totally not in the mood to clean. In fact, Sylvie-Faye is a HUGE fan. "Please Don't Stop The Music" is her all-time favorite and she recognizes that song the second she hears a few beats of it. She will instantly start dancing AND singing along - even in public!