Saturday, July 26, 2008

One

Dear Brooklen,

A year ago today we were blessed to become your parents. Since that day, we have been honored to be able to love and take care of you. You have changed us forever!

(right to left) 1 day old, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months

You certainly have grown up a lot in the past few months. When I look at you, I don't see a baby anymore . . . you are definitely a toddler now. You love to walk really fast around the house and you enjoy picking things up and throwing them. You are an exceptional walker and you can stand up on your own now.

You love to play with cars, balls, books, and of course, anything that is off limits to little boys! You also love playing with cell phones. Since you broke daddy's cell phone and he got a new one, you now have your own. You feel so special walking around the house with your very own phone. You still love to be outside. We love to take you on walks. You especially like to feed the ducks and chase after them.

(right to left) 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months

You don't talk yet, but you can make plenty of sounds; you say "mama," "dada," and my personal favorite, "wow." You follow directions when you are told to shake your head, splash your hands, and wave "bye, bye." We love when you learn new things, and we never get tired of watching you show off your new skills.

You are not a picky eater, but you definitely have some favorites. You love to eat cottage cheese, peanut butter and jelly, cheese, goldfish crackers, raisins, and yo-gos. You've had a hard time adjusting to drinking real milk, but you are slowly learning to depend on a cup instead of on mom.

(right to left) 8 months, 9 months, 10 months, 11 months

You have a lot of friends and you love to be around other children. You have a blast playing at the park and at the pool with kids that are older and bigger than you.

Brooklen, we love you so much. We can't wait to celebrate this wonderful day with you. We are so grateful for the past year that we have been able to spend with you.

Love,

Your Mommy

9 comments:

Mackenzie July 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Happy B-day Brooklen! I can't believe he's already a year old! It seems like just yesterday you were complaining about how sick of being pregnant your were. He is growing up so fast! I know everyone says that they have the cutest nephews, but I really do believe that mine is the cutest! Congrats on getting through your first year as a mom. One day I'll be in the same position and I'll be expecting some serious coaching from you! I'm looking forward to seeing your next 20 years worth of posts!

Zack Family July 28, 2008 at 4:40 AM  

Ok, that made me want to cry. I love how it was a letter to him. He is so cute and I think just so adorable. Hope his birthday was fun and he enjoyed his new toys!

Happy Birthday Brookleen Boy!

Vonney July 28, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

What a cute boy! Kids grow up so fast! Now you need to think about a brother or sister for him so he isn't alone!

I live in Roy, which is 30 miles north of SLC. I work in SLC by the temple. I work all of Salt Lake county, so I am often in West Jordan. I am a Revenue Officer for the IRS and have to go to peoples homes to collect money that they owe to the IRS!

I am excited you are moving to UT so I can get to know you, since I don't really know my younger cousins. You willhave to come scrapbook with me!

Ethan July 28, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Happy Birthday buddy! I am glad that you guys are gonna be a "little" closer than you are now so we can see you more often!

Ethan July 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zack Family July 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Yah, Yah!! Im all about Blogging!! I didnt get many pics though. I feel really bad I didnt get Calli.

And Yes, Chasing Cars..Love that song!!

Zack Family July 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Also, Thanks so much for saving my Boston out of the water spray! I still feel like a horrible mom for just leaving him there to come out on his own! Kinda embarrassing!!

Nielsen's July 29, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

He is so cute and has the sweetest little simle! Happy b-day to Brooklen!

Kristin Coppee July 29, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

You're moving to Utah? I did not know that. I'm a bit jealous. I'd love to live in Utah.

Brooklen is a handsome little dude. Congrats and gaining such a neat little guy on your family tree.