Birthday Party
Brittni and Adam were nice enough to let us come celebrate Brooklen's birthday on their brand new deck. We had a blast, and I was excited that I was able to "do something" for him, since I was feeling a little guilty for not entertaining a huge affair for his first birthday. Brittni was also nice enough to take some fabulous photos for me.
Getting mom's approval to smash the cake.
He never did smash it. Just ate a few pieces. He got a little help. His mommy taught him to stay clean.And then Gage showed him how it's done. So wonderful that my son has good role models. Real boys love to get dirty!

Lastly, his cake. I stressed myself out over this endeavor. My first real cake. After two batches, of MMF, 4 batches of cake, 3 batches of icing, 1 batch of gum paste, 2 duckies, and 2 soaps, I finally came up with something that I wasn't too embarrassed to take outside of my house. Too many more birthday cakes . . .




11 comments:
So cute! So fun! I love that little guy! My boys have been called many things...never good role models. Love it!
happy birthday little man!!
(PS: So you think you can dance...big week this week! I hope mark is outta here!)
ARE YOU SERIOUS? You MADE that cake? You better fess up and admit you bought it from some custom cake shop..lol...you and Kenzie are KILLING me with these amazing cakes...WOW...great job Martha. Time to move back to AZ so you can make b-day cakes for my kids...lol. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Handsome boy...wow...he's such a cutie pie...how funny that he wouldn't smash the cake...he must really love his mommy...lol..sounds like a fun party!
Weren't too embarrassed? Dang girl, that cake is awesome! Are you a closet cake decorator or something? I never knew you had such mad decorating skills!
I think you could actually give Kenzie a run for her money with that thing! We are going to have awesome cakes in this family for many years to come.
Oh, I get it. Uncle CARTER's kids got the cake decorating skills. Okay. That's fine. That's fine.
Uncle Mark's kids got the .... ummm .....hmmmm....wait for it ..... wait..for..it. We got skills. We really did. It's just taking me a minute to figure out what they are...
(Sigh) Too much work. Awesome cake. If I could do that, I'd open my own cake shop, but I can't, so I won't.
Way cute!
Oh my gosh...I found this website for you to look at for your S.Saturday....
I think it should help a lot it was on my friends blog.
http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php
Go to the Relief Society section and there are craft ideas.
On there are some I SPY bags...I was going to tell you about those yesterday but you can make them way cuter...They had a few cute ideas for you to think about.
http://wallwords4u.blogspot.com/ This had some way cute ideas too! I love the FAMILY blocks
The cake is amazing! I know that my girls didn't get their talents from me! Must be from dad! HA! Brooken is soooo cute! I can hardly wait to hug him....hope he'll let me.
Holy cow! Your cake was amazing!!! Are you a professional or something? Happy B-Day little man! I can't believe it has been a year all ready!
What a beautiful cake! Did you take a cake class?
Aunt Gretchen
Post a Comment