Wednesday, March 19, 2008

100 Thing About Me

I have many friends that have posted these lists on their blogs. So as an exercise, I attempted the task. It has taken me a long time to compile this list, probably because I am not all that interesting. Don't feel bad for not reading it, it is far to exhausting for me to even proofread. Here goes . . .

1. I have a fear of my thank you cards getting lost in the mail. If you have ever
not received a thank you card from me, it’s not my fault, the postman lost it!
2. I always have my toenails painted; red in the fall, hot pink in the spring
3. Since I was a little girl, I have rocked my leg back and forth to get to sleep.
My son also does this.
4. I love high heels and I own TONS of them, but usually only wear them on
Sunday. In the winter, I am usually wearing boots, Vans, or Havianas.
5. I love to cook.
6. I also love to cook international food.
7. And I love to clean even more!
8. I worked in a Yoplait yogurt plant for a summer.
9. But I don’t really like Yoplait yogurt, unless it is frozen.
10. My favorite yogurt is Fage 0%. I sprinkle it with a little brown sugar.
11. I make a weekly dinner list and a shopping list every weekend and I do my grocery shopping on Monday. I look forward to this day.
12. I taught freshman English at BYU and I loved teaching.
13. I am VERY picky about my son’s clothing.
14. And I hate clothes that look like baby clothes
15. I am also picky about Brooklen’s clothing being wrinkly. I starch his church shirt.
16. I love music and I collect CDs.
17. I don’t have a place to store my CDs. Right now they are under my bed in IKEA boxes.
18. If I didn’t have a family and responsibilities, I could sit and look up new music on my computer all day, every day.
19. Besides being a wife and a mother, my dream job would be to work for a record label.
20. I love watching live music shows.
21. I associate specific times of my life with songs.
22. I will not illegally download music. I also do not copy CDs from other people.
23. I still work at Coach . . . once a month.
24. I could NEVER go on a low card diet because I L-O-V-E bread.
25. I like dark chocolate, 70% cocao or more.
26. I want all of my children to take piano lessons.
27. I was in a movie theater when the ceiling fell down. It was an old building and the entire ceiling crashed down on us.
28. I love sushi, but I don’t like fancy rolls. I prefer sashimi.
29. I took Japanese lessons a few years ago. I forgot most of what I learned, but I want to really learn it someday.
30. I play the piano.
31. I also play the violin.
32. I was a difficult teenager. This makes me afraid to have teenage girls someday.
33. I love tea. I always drink Rooibos, or red tea.
34. I have been known to say that buying new makeup makes for a better day.
35. I finally read the Twilight series and I LOVED it.
36. I don’t like any “period films”.
37. I don’t like to read historical books.
38. I majored in English, but I don’t use punctuation in text messages.
39. Exercising makes me feel good.
40. I like musicals.
41. And I like High School Musical.
42. I used to be obsessed with Hanson. When a new CD came out just a few years ago, I made a friend go buy it for me because I was embarrassed to be a twenty-something who liked them.
43. I think George Clooney is handsome.
44. But I think my husband more handsome.
45. If I could do anything, I would just spend time with my family.
46. I love frozen yogurt and I wish I had a soft-serve machine in my house.
47. Although they are practical, I just can’t do a fake Christmas tree.
48. I am a Republican.
49. I have a favorite homeless person in San Francisco (more about that in another post . . .).
50. If it weren’t so expensive and prone to earthquakes, I would say that San Francisco is the perfect place to live.
51. I start playing Christmas music in October.
52. I don’t ski or snowboard. Just ask my sister; the last time I tried, I was a miserable baby and scooted down the slope on my butt.
53. I like gossip magazines and I am kind of embarrassed that I like them.
54. I graduated from high school a semester early and moved to Los Angeles
55. I don’t like Chinese food
56. I really do like EVERY kind of music. I am a loyal fan to several hip-hop artists, classical musicians, alternative groups, country singers, and bluegrass bands; you name it, I listen to it.
57. I want everything in the current J Crew catalog (including the men’s stuff for my husband and the kid’s stuff for my baby).
58. Although I pinch my pennies, I will REALLY splurge on shoes and bags.
59. I like entertaining.
60. I never remember birthdays.
61. Now that we are all grown up, I am very close to my little sister.
62. I am serious.
63. I worry a lot.
64. I am the opposite of a pack rat. Besides photographs and maybe a few big things, like jewelry, I don’t keep things for sentimental reasons.
65. I like vintage jewelry.
66. I love to make my baby laugh.
67. My favorite number is 8.
68. I am an introvert. I enjoy “alone time.”
69. I love the beach.
70. I have never used a tanning bed.
71. And I never will.
72. I think my husband is very smart.
73. I like to watch basketball.
74. I don’t like watching college sports.
75. I don’t really care about cars, but my dream car would be a Volvo S60.
76. I have always paid for cars in cash.
77. My favorite flowers are lilies and orchids.
78. I am obsessed with the color green.
79. I like contemporary decorating.
80. I don’t like disappointing others.
81. I want to go back to school someday and get a PhD.
82. I eat ice cream almost every day.
83. I am extremely claustrophobic.
84. I am always too cold or too hot.
85. I don’t like fried food.
86. I make everything too spicy
87. And too salty.
88. I get jealous.
89. If I think something is funny, I will want to see it again and again.
90. I watch American idol.
91. I don’t use margarine.
92. I keep a rolling list of CDs that I need (okay, want) to purchase in my kitchen.
93. I hate driving.
94. Target makes me happy.
95. I am a hard worker.
96. I don’t like the commercialization of holidays and I refuse to buy into it.
97. I’m extremely competitive.
98. I try to keep to a budget.
99. I lived alone in San Francisco, and I loved it.
100.I love my family.

15 comments:

My family Begins March 19, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

As I was reading through this I realized we like a lot of the same things. I think if I was to write my own 100 fav. list it would look a lot like yours, I will add two things I remember about you as a child.
1. Your mom had this detangling spray she used to use on your hair because she said you would always throw a fit when she combed your hair.
2. When you got your ears pierced, your parents gave you a little stand that had over a 100 little earrings on it just for you.
3. You wouldn't go to your friends house for sleepovers because you didn't want to be away from your parents.

Weird that I remember all this, I hope I remembering it right. Oh one more thing almost all kids have at one point in their childhood pictures that are just hideous, not you though you were always such a cute little girl.

Adrienne March 19, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

How did you know those things? How funny! I didn't even remember them.

Kristin Coppee March 19, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Wow, Adrienne! That was a fun read. I can't show that list to my husband. You're like his dream girl. LOL. You're every guy's dream girl! Love to cook? Love to CLEAN? Work at keeping a budget? Organized? Iron your baby's shirts? WOW! My kids are lucky if they even get dressed each day. OK, so now it's out - I don't do those things. I was meant to be a rockstar and have a maid, a cook, a chauffeur, a butler, a nanny, etc., etc.

Kristin Coppee March 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Oh yeah - love to go grocery shopping? Love to decorate? At this point, you're probably thinking - what DO you do, Kristin?

I think I'll leave that one a mystery for now.

Mackenzie March 20, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Ha ha, I totally remember that day! I don't know what was more fun, singing songs on the car ride there, or watching your fall on your butt all the way down the hill! I would have to say that that day is on my top 10 list of best days!

lauren March 22, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

I love that I know so much of this post--especially #3, but I never knew #55 about you!

Miss you!

Megan March 23, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

I love it! How long did it take you to make this list? Now I know who to turn to for my spring shoes this year! I laughed my head off -you STARCH your 6 month old's shirt?!!! The only starched shirt is the one Adam irons on Sunday morning for himself (I iron all the rest of the week). I am totally anti-starch for Adam since he sits down once and it's all wrinkled with thick lines of starch when he stands up! I love reading these and seeing what people have discovered about themselves and I love hearing them admit some of it! Your list is awesome!

Angie March 23, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Hi Adrienne!

I loved your post--it made me miss you! I have to agree about the J.Crew catalog and San Francisco. If only money were no object!

Hope you're doing well!

Love,
Angie

Amy March 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

How fun to read that list and learn new things about you as well as remember some I already knew! It almost makes me want to create my own list, but I don't think I'm quite ambitious enough:)

Julie Dyal March 25, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

I love your list! It was fun to read. I think it's so interesting to learn more about people this way. As I was reading your list, it made me think of more things to add to mine, but I have to stop somewhere. I really thought it would be hard to think of 100 things to say about myself but I've already thought of tons more things since creating mine. How long did it take you to write yours? Anyway, great list Adrienne! Love your blog!

Angie March 25, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

This was so fun to read! It was good to get to know a little about you. Your husband and baby are very lucky!

Alisha March 25, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

That was really fun to read. I definitely learned some new things about you!

Jason Carson May 6, 2008 at 2:24 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Carson May 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Very cool, Adrienne! I need to do this... A couple comments:

1. Do you like Hawaiian music? I was listening to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole yesterday on the way to (and from) work and felt like I was in Hawaii all day. :)

2. I also start listening to Christmas music in October. OK - maybe early November…

3. You're brave re: the PhD thing!

4. Interesting that you're an introvert but you love to entertain...

5. Starching your 6-month-old's shirt is just plain wierd. ;)

Good to catch up with you guys on your blog. Hope you're all well!

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

so I love your blog - what I saw of it - and I really liked this. Is it strange that I think I remember that tree of 100 earrings your dad mentioned? I think I do at least. I also remember you singing "Let's give them something to talk about" on your karaoke machine and taking ALP stuffed animals home! Glad I found you yo!