Things I am Thankful for Today: A Neighbor With a Snow Blower
Okay, so really I am thankful for my husband and he is thankful for a nice neighbor with a snow blower. We woke up Sunday morning to about 10 inches of snow. Our ward musical program was Sunday, and since I was playing the piano for all of the musical numbers, I was supposed to be at church at 7:30am. When we got to church, one of the members of our stake informed us that church was cancelled. We were surprised because it did not seem like there was THAT much snow. Driving conditions, however, were not very fair because the city had not done a good job of plowing the major roads. So, we made the 20 minute (in the snow) drive back home and went back to bed. We woke up a few hours later to the sound of a snowblower. Our wonderful neighbor, Tim, was blowing our driveway. Rob went out to help him with a shovel; I'm sure he was glad to have the help of a blower because it was a big job. It is not supposed to snow again until Thursday, which is a good thing because I don't think Michigan is prepared for more snow. The snow came on Saturday night, and school is still cancelled today (Monday). I heard on the news that this is the biggest snowstorm that this area has had since 1999.
Anyway, I just peeked outside and our yard is full of mounds of dirty snow. I am also kind of grateful today that Rob accidentally took the carseat with him to work so I have to stay inside all day. Alas, winter has begun.
5 comments:
Adrienne, he is the cutest kid in the world! What a doll! You're snow story reminded me of growing up in Nebraska. As a kid I loved it because school would get cancelled. But it's no fun as an adult. Anyhow, enjoy your day at home!
You know, I love the snow, but I love it more from inside. My girls are outdoor girls and my toddler begs to go outside all day long, so if we lived in snow, I think I'd really hate it because I'd have to bundle her up and me up and Chloe up and be outside in the freezing cold all day.
Brooklen is ADORABLE! John John walked up to my computer and laughed and said, "He's so cute!"
Holy cow...I am getting cold just reading this....gheez! Thank goodness I live in the desert! I bet it is beautiful....to look at...LOL! Your baby is adorable...cutest winter outfit EVER...what a cutie pie! Enjoy your day indoors...LOL!
I couldn't imagine. Where we live, it has lightly snowed once in 13 years....and I do mean lightly. :)
I have to agree. Cutest outfit ever. When is Mackenzie gonna get a blog? We need to convert her ASAP!!
Post a Comment