Tuesday, December 4, 2007

First Snow


Snow and I have officially ended our relationship. Well, okay, I ended things with snow. I tried to make it work, but I just couldn't find a reason to keep on holding on to something that was never going to get better. Last Saturday officially marks the end of my relationship with snow. Snow suddenly showed up, and I cried as I drove home, wishing that snow would just leave me alone. I thought about using the "it's not you, it's me" excuse, but let's get real: it IS snow. Snow makes me cold, nervous, and miserable. Everyone sees things differently; I'm sure someone else will think snow is beautiful. I have requested (well pleaded) that when my family moves again, we land somewhere where snow can not follow us. For now, I have entered hibernation. I figure that if I steer clear of snow long enough, he'll get take a cue and stop bothering me.

4 comments:

Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 2:20 PM  

WOW....it is definitely beautiful in pictures, but I have to agree...NOT A FAN...I like being cold, not FREEZING...and I can't drive in it to save my life. I hope the snow gets the hint for your sake..LOL!

Mark and Gretchen December 4, 2007 at 8:48 PM  

Snow is only good for watching from the window with a roaring fire in the background and a cup of warm cocoa with marshmallows!

Kristin Coppee December 5, 2007 at 12:10 PM  

Adrienne, I like snow. LOVE IT! I'm sorry. I wish I could trade places. I went to NAU for a year and I remember living on central campus and having a class on south campus at 7:00 AM, which meant that I had to trudge through the snow at 6:15 AM to get there on time. And I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. I loved it! I'm crazy!

Adrienne December 5, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

You are crazy!