Monday, November 12, 2007

A Quick Trip

Rob took a couple of days off last week, so we took the opportunity to check out something that we haven't seen in Michigan. We were feeling quite limited by the fact that we have a baby and it is cold outside, so we ended up just taking a drive up to the Birch Run Outlets and to Frankenmuth, "little Bavaria." Frankenmuth is a cute little town; we loved the wonderful gourmet cheese and chocolate stores (I am a sucker for samples. I LOVE Costco on Saturday mornings). The highlight of the town for me, however, was this sign:


Frankenmuth is also home to the largest Christmas store in the world. No, we did not care to go in, but we did take a picture to prove that we drove past it.

Since my last two posts have not had any substantial baby pictures, I suppose it is about time . . . Brooklen is teething right now, so he is not a very happy camper. I, however, am thrilled because he is finally sleeping through the night!



We let him snuggle in our bed while we got ready for church on Sunday! He thought he was pretty cool!

He loves to stand, but he still needs a lot of supervision in this area; his legs aren't quite strong enough to hold up the rest of his body

5 comments:

Anonymous November 12, 2007 at 7:38 PM  

She would LOVE to take pics for you...baby pictures are her favorite. Her name is Posey Cowart. You can access her blog through mine and she has her photo blog posted on the left side. Brooklen is such a cutie....he is the perfect age...they are starting to show their personality more, but they aren't completely mobile, which is great. Glad to hear he is sleeping through the night....that makes all the difference in the world.

Anonymous November 12, 2007 at 7:42 PM  

Okay...I lied...she changed her blog...her photo blog is listed on the right as Posey's Photography!

Mom November 13, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

I can't believe that you didn't go into that Christmas store! That must be the one the lady on the plane was telling me about. Brooklen just gets cuter everyday!

Megan November 15, 2007 at 6:14 PM  

I cannot believe that you drove all the way up there and didn't actually step foot into the largest Christmas store in existence! Oh well, were there any good sales at Pottery Barn? The sign says it all! Way funny!

Kristin Coppee November 18, 2007 at 9:38 PM  

Adrienne! Yay! You're a blogger. I always check out Sonia's links because she's linked up to everyone! Your little boy is so cute! And you look great! I never looked that good that soon after having a baby. Good for you!