Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Goodbye Summer

Michigan has officially gotten too cold for me! No, it is not snowing yet, but it is windy and cold . . . too cold. I have never been fond of winter, and this year will be no exception. While there is something endearing about putting on a sweater, snuggling up with a warm drink, and turning on a fire (I know that sounds weird, but we have a gas fireplace), cold weather and snow just make me grumpy. I think that snow is wonderful if you can actually use it, but since I do not snowboard or ski (been there, done that, and bruised my bum!), it is of no use to me.

Fall, however, is another story. While the weather is too cold, the colors are beautiful. I can't believe how amazing the leaves are at this time of year. And I'm sure I am even more amazed than the average person because I spent most of my life thinking that Autumn (red and orange leaves) was just some myth that you learned about in school.

Last weekend, we visited a cider mill in Plymouth. The mill has a wonderful little petting zoo with animals for the children to look at. Although our son is far too young to appreciate these animals, we had fun pretending that he cared. After our trip to the "zoo," we headed inside for some hot cider to warm us up.


5 comments:

Anonymous November 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM  

I'll trade you weather any day...we have 90 degree weather this week, which is RIDICULOUS for November. I hate the cold too, but right now I'll take it...LOL. Darling pics...such a cute little guy!

Brittni Schroeder Photography November 7, 2007 at 8:39 PM  

I will give you the best advice for Michigan winters. Stay really busy or you will go crazy!

The H Factor November 8, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

Adrienne! So nice to hear from you. Thanks for reading the blog....as corny as blogs may be, I have to admit it they are pretty fun to write.

You're family is tremendous! (BTW, you're husband looks exactly like Mel Gibson in that last picture...

Adrienne November 13, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

snuggling up with...a warm drink!? So much for the husband.

Adrienne November 13, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

snuggling up with...a warm drink!? So much for the husband.