Three Months
Dear Sweet Pea,
Oh what a wonderful three months it has been! It seems like just yesterday I couldn't imagine that you would ever come out to meet me, and now, I can't imagine life without you. You are so big now, about 15 pounds and 25 inches long. Daddy says that when you can finally walk I will stop telling you how "long" you are and start telling you how "tall" you are. I hope that day doesn't come to soon . . . I don't want my baby to grow up too fast.
You are a very happy baby. Now, you not only laugh when I tickle you, but you also laugh when I am being silly. You think that it is funny when I push you little button nose and make cute noises and you like it when I smile really big.
You love to chew on things, but it is hard to get toys to fit into your mouth. You don't really like your pacifier because it is hard to chew on, and instead you'd rather knaw on clothes and fingers. Sometimes, when we are really nice, you get to chew on piece of licorice. This only happens when you are closely supervised because the combination of licorice and your slobber makes for quite a colorful mess. Mom and Dad can't wait until you are four months old and we can finally start to feed you rice cereal; we suspect that you will love it!
You like to listen to music. You are content sitting on the couch while mommy plays the piano and sings to you. When you are fussy, music calms you down. Your favorite music, to date, is Nickelcreek. You love all of their CDs, but you don't like them live. Mommy and Daddy took you to their concert for Mommy's birthday, but you thought it was too loud and you didn't like the earplugs that we made you wear! You also like to watch TV. Your favorites are Baby Einstein, baseball, and Martha Stewart. When Mommy turns off Martha Stewart you get sad; when daddy found out about this, he said he needed to be grounded from Martha. Mommy kind of agrees; she wants you to grow up to be a tough man.
You are still young, so you don't like too many toys, but you do like your rubber ball, your blue bunny, your burp cloth, and the mirror. You can't walk or crawl yet, but you sure can stomp your feet.
You still don't sleep through the night yet. You go to bed a 10:30 or 11:00 and wake up to eat at about 3:00. Mom and Dad have started letting you cry yourself to sleep. It is hard for us, but we know that it is best for you to learn to fall asleep on your own. You usually only cry for 20 minutes; not bad, but it seems like forever.
I love you little boy! You have grown so much in three months. I love being your mommy and I can't wait to watch you grow up to be a big, strong man.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness....he is adorable....I heard that you were in town to show him off....AFTER...you had left...AHHH. Anyways, so glad you have a blog...such a fun way to keep in touch! Can't wait to see more pics of that cutie!
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us...I do remember using children as weights!
Hi Adrienne,
We didn't know you were in town. We are so sorry to have missed seeing you and your darling little boy. Uncle John just posted Brooklen's picture along with one of Ashley's little boy, today. They do look a lot alike. He is a darling little boy. It is so fun to see all the family blogs. It is a great way to keep in touch.
How cute is that boy?!!! I can't believe he's all ready 3 months! I also cannot believe that you don't love Halloween! I have one word for you: CHOCOLATE
All right, I guess that's not the best word since we are all watching our girlish figures these days! Way cute pics!
Post a Comment