Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Friday Night Fun

Lately, Rob and I have been struggling to find things to do. It is difficult, because it is too cold to be outside for too long. Additionally, Brooklen is too young to go to "kiddie" places, and he is too noisy for most adult places (ie: movie theaters and restaurants; unless it is a good night).

Last Friday, we decided to take a chance and take him to a "kiddie" place, Chuck E. Cheese. Boy were we in for a surprise. Apparently, every parent in Michigan that has children under the age of 12, had the same idea. The place was a zoo! Brooklen was hardly entertained by the rides. But, he thought the lights were cool and we thought it was fun to let him sit on a moving train ride.


By the end of the night, however, I am sure that Rob thought that I had rigged the whole trip for myself. Most people don't know this about me, but I am ADDICTED to the electronic basketball hoop game that times you and keeps track of your score. One time Rob and I went to a party; they had one of these games at the house and I spent the ENTIRE time playing the game, trying to beat my own score. So, I also monopolized the game at Chuck E. Cheese. Rob and Brooklen watched me, and occasionally, I let Rob have a turn. Needless to say, I think that we will be making future trips to Chuck E. Cheese. Maybe not on a Friday night, and maybe not for Brooklen, but we will be going for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous November 20, 2007 at 9:33 PM  

Wow I don't know my sister at all!!! How did I grow up with you and not know that your favorite arcade game was also mine? Think of all the lost opportunities to battle for supremacy...

Anonymous November 20, 2007 at 10:46 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon and Lara Stowell November 24, 2007 at 7:23 AM  

I love that game too! How funny. I always played it at Peter Piper.

Anonymous November 26, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

LOL...that is hilarious....Brooklen looks like he is bored with the ride...LOL...so cute! My kids are addicted to that game. They always hog it and I have to pull them away so other kids can have a turn....I need one in my house...LOL...cute pics!