Friday, November 30, 2007

The Best 5 Dollars I've Spent

I happen to think that making something small is the perfect way to boost "cuteness." My husband hates when I apply this principle to electronics and other expensive items; he prefers to purchase based on functionality, not on "cuteness." He doesn't, however, mind when I integrate this philosophy in baking.

A couple of months ago, I saw a set of 6 wonderful tiny cookie cutters at JoAnns. I could not pass them up, as the set included beautiful festive shapes, such as leaves and acorns. Since then, I have made tiny tea cookies, festive leaf-shaped butter for Thanksgiving, and now . . . tada . . .

Every woman needs a set of these. They are the easiest way to make the things you eat pretty.

6 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography November 30, 2007 at 12:10 PM  

Can I come live at your house? You almost make the best (and cute)food.

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 1:52 PM  

Gheez Martha....you're killing me! I had no idea you had such talent....I am a non-baker...I manage to ruin cookies....LOL! The only cookies to don't ruin are store bought dough...now THAT is sad! Your pie is gorgeous....I am truly impressed!

Anonymous November 30, 2007 at 1:53 PM  

OKay.....apparently I can't talk either...LOL....the to was meant "to" be an "I"....it's been a long day..LOL!

Megan December 1, 2007 at 12:22 PM  

Too cute! I am on your side with the cuteness factor (definitely over functional)! I am just going to call you little Suzie Homemaker! I'm glad my Adam doesn't read these blogs, or he'd think he's getting ripped off by my plainess!

Amy December 3, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

Hey Chica,
I'm glad you're blogging too; it's fun to peep into your sweet life and enjoy pictures of your cutie-pie baby!

Mark and Gretchen December 4, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

I have that same exact set of cookie cutters....um, yeah...they look really cute in the box. You get an A+ for talent and enthusiasm.