Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Boo Humbug"

I am a self-proclaimed Halloween Scrooge. I'm not sure why, but I just don't really like the holiday. Who knows, maybe I've been forever scarred by the picnic table costume that I wore when I was 11. Yes, you read it right . . . I was a picnic TABLE. I wish I could blame this embarrassing costume on my mother, but no; it was my idea. Anyway, I just don't get excited about dressing up, carving pumpkins, and gorging on candy.

Many people have asked me if I am going to dress Brooklen up for Halloween this year. Unfortunately, this is the best I can do.


He can dress up like mommy (Notice his crazy glowing eyes? He doesn't even need a costume).



Or he can dress up like daddy.

Yes, I know this is a sad attempt at trying to look like I am actually festive. Especially, since I am just making use of the fact that my son is only three months old and already has too many clothes. And yes, I know that I will have to get a little more excited about Halloween as he grows up. But, for now, I will be a grinch.

P.S. I did dress up for Halloween two years ago (thanks to Tara). For your viewing pleasure, I have included pictures of our rodeo princess costumes (special thanks to the D. I. for providing them).

3 comments:

annette gillis October 27, 2007 at 10:42 AM  

First of all, what were you doing up so early in the morning!!! Jennifer and I just loved the mom and son and the dad and son pictures...especially the dad and son(the glowing eyes were a little much!) Can we get a picture of the dad and son!

Anonymous November 1, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

Funny pics...LOL....luv your horse..LOL!

Tara November 5, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

I can NOT believe you posted those pictures....although I did love that Halloween. I am happy to report that I did not dress up this year or even consider a costume.