

I have a sad confession: at three months, my child already likes the television. Before he was born, I swore that I would not stick my child in front of the television. I even told Rob that I don't want to have cable television right now so that I will not be tempted to use the additional kids channels as a babysitter for my son. Yet, I have recently been enlightened to the world of concessions that people make after having children. In an effort to remain sane (and still be able to provide a meal for my husband), I put on a Baby Einstein video while I am trying to make dinner. As soon as the video starts, Brooklen becomes completely ENTHRALLED (demonstrated in the first picture)! This past weekend, Rob and I left Brooklen with a babysitter while we went to the temple. I left the sitter a detailed note about feeding, sleeping, burping, etc. I mentioned that if he became really fussy, she could put him in the swing. If that didn't work, I told her to put on a Baby Einstein video. When we came home, she mentioned how amazed she was that he loved the video so much. I think that have created a monster!
Since I have been feeling guilty about this could-be television addiction, I have also been completely thrilled that he is finally starting to pay attention to toys. This week, he discovered the blue bear and a ball. It gives me relief that at this age, he will focus on more than just the "boob tube."

1 comments:
I feel like "an accessory to a crime!" I'm glad that you are not going to let him become addicted!
Post a Comment