Sunday, August 21, 2011

Brooklen's Party

Brooklen turned 4 just before our vacation.  We decided to have an art party for him.  He gets REALLY into decorations and celebrations, so I was a little nervous about planning this event.  Since he loves art, I thought that this would be a pretty easy way to celebrate . . . and it was!

We started out by playing with a little sidewalk chalk.  When that got old, I took them to the side of the house and gave them each an 8x10 canvas and a paper plate with some paint on it.  I am so bummed that I didn't get a chance to snap a shot of all of their artwork.  They created some beautiful abstract art.   I didn't quite anticipate how busy it would be helping so many little kids paint  luckily, one of my friends stayed to help me and another one took Zaya with her (thanks Kim and Emily).

canvas

We then went inside to cool off and have a little cake.  The cake had rainbow layers and I covered it in white fondant.  Then, Brooklen and Hurley decorated it with edible markers.  Soooo fun!

bday7

bday1

bday6

Next, we played "Pin the Chalk in Brooklen's Hand." The kids LOVED this game and it was so funny to watch them play.

bday4

bday5
Finally, we opened presents. Brooklen got such awesome gifts. I had to show a picture of one gift, though. His friend Owen drew a picture to go with his gift. He told his Mom what to write. Seriously, kids are so cute.

owenpic2

owenpic

Each kid took home a bucket of sidewalk chalk and a rice krispie paintbrush.

bday2

bday3

3 comments:

Ethan August 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

I love that he is still wearing his medal everywhere. Funny kid...

BBC August 22, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

what a fun party! it looks like he had a great time!!!

Zack Family August 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

Such a cute idea! You're so creative like always. Happy Birthday Brooklen!!