Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mud Day 2011

We have been waiting all year for this event, our second annual attendance at Mud Day.  Mud Day is held at Nankin Mills Park in Westland and it is a blast.  Brooklen was pretty hesitant last year, but this year, he just dove right in.  And I mean that; there were sooo many people at the event, and he promptly ran away from me into the crowd, giving me a something to worry about.

mud10web
This is a bit of a "before" picture.

mud11web

mud9web

mud20web

mud12web
Hurley started out by pouring mud on my feet. She was "warming up."

mud1web

mud18web
Ellie had a blast last year, but she didn't come well rested this time, so she had a hard time enjoying herself.

mud18web
Hurley is a good friend; she didn't want Ellie to miss out on all of the fun!

mud6web

mud19web
But Ellika didn't quite appreciate Hurley's nice gesture.

mud21web

mud17web
Brody and Afton joined us this year. We are so glad they came along. They didn't quite love the event, but I'm sure they will have a blast next year!

And now for the boys. . .

mud22web

mud14web

mud16web

mud8web

mud7web
This is one of my favorites!

The aftershots . . .

mud5web

mud3web

mud4web

mud2web

Zaya was there too. Sweet baby, she didn't even notice the chaos!
mud15web

5 comments:

Ethan July 24, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

Looks like your kids hate getting dirty...

Brittni Schroeder Photography July 25, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

So much fun! I miss you guys!

Zack Family July 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

Oh my gosh! I wish we could have been there too. Looks like fun. My boys would have been in heaven getting dirty!

Angie July 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

Thanks for the pictures. They are so funny. I especially like the ones of Ellika "loving" the event!

Jennifer Salmon July 26, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

I just love the mud pictures of your kids drenched!!