Three

Dear Brooklen,
I can't believe that another year of your life has come and gone. As I look back at this year, I can't help but think about how formative the year has been for you. You have learned so much, and you finally seem like a little boy (this is bittersweet for me). This past year we have learned so much more about your distinct, wonderful personality.

One of the most special characteristics about you is your laugh. Anyone that knows you would agree that you have the most infectious, loveable laugh. Likewise, you love to be funny and you find humor in almost any situation. We just finished swimming lessons and I smile when I think about those classes; you laughed so much during every lesson.

You are an independent young man. You put on your own clothes (you just learned to button up your poplins), make your own food, and buckle yourself in the carseat and close the car door. Sometimes this trait drives me nuts, but I know that you get your independence from me and that I will appreciate it more and more as you grow up and our family expands.

It is amazing how fast you are learning these days. You know all of your letters, the sounds they make, and you are starting to learn to write. You have an incredible memory, and you know your way around Canton. You know how to get to all of our favorite places (parks, grocery stores, shops, friends homes, the library and fire station, and church). If I try to take a detour on our way to somewhere important, you always "put me in my place."

You are a sponge right now. You pay attention to everything I do and mimic me constantly. Below, are a few of your favorite sayings:
"Baby girl (to Hurley); you are pretty. Your hair is getting sooooo long."
"I'm not sure."
"I'll do it, I'll see you . . . in seven hours."
"I don't think so."
Currently, you love puzzles and Toy Story. You are already doing 150 piece puzzles by yourself, and I am convinced that you are going to be a good problem solver someday. You are mildly (okay, majorly) obsessed with Toy Story. You favorite character is Jessie, but you also love Buzz and Bullseye.

Brooklen, I am grateful that you are such a good big brother. You are doing an excellent job of teaching your sister how to be tough. You are good at sharing with her and making sure that she is happy and entertained. You love to shower her with hugs and kisses; you are a good friend to her.

I love you so much B. Life is so much better with you in it. Thanks giving me one more wonderful reason to wake up and smile each day.

Left: Brooklen, 2 years old; Right: Brooklen, 3 years old (36 inches, 29 pounds)
Mom
4 comments:
Did he really climb all the way up that tree by himself? Yep...definitely a boy.
LOVE!
Oh I love him! He is a smart boy I think that is amazing.
I can't believe how different and grown up he looks from a year ago. I love this post... can you do one for my kids?? HaHa
Post a Comment