Sunday, July 4, 2010

One

Dear Hurley Hanako,

I want you to know that I am so blessed and grateful to be your mother.  I thought that Brooklen's first year went by fast.  Yours, however, just flew by in a blink of an eye.  You have such a spirited personality, and I melt when you smile at my with your big, blue eyes.

3

year1
(from left to right: 1 day, 1 month, 2 months,
3 months, 4 months, 5 months)

collageblog2
(6 months, 7 months, 8 months,
 9 months, 10 months, 11 months)
I prayed for a child with curly hair, but then I tried not to get too excited when I saw a little texture in your hair.  Now, however, I am convinced that you've got the real thing. 

curls

windiw

You are still the toughest chick I know.  You get pushed and prodded by your brother all day long; I'm pretty sure you could hold your own in almost any situation.  You are walking now, and I know if won't be long until you are running through the house (please Hurley, take your time learning how to do this).  You love to climb and can easily make your way up any slide at the playground.


h

slide

You are an excellent eater.  I'm pretty sure you've tried almost everything by now, and you certainly aren't picky. I am weaning you right now, and you are fighting back with all your will. Last week, I had to steam clean the car because you shook your milk all over the car.

birthday

You do lots of tricks. You way bye-bye, blow kisses, play peekabo, and clap your hands. You also love to mimick the rest of your family. You pretend to wash your belly, or use a towel to pretend to clean the floor.

mom

grass

Hurley, you have been a wonderful addition to our family.  We all are completely smitten by your spirit.

flower

Love,

Your Mom

3 comments:

Zack Family July 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Love your letters. Okay love the pic of you two way cute. And I can't believe she's walking already! They've all grown up way too fast.

Mom July 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Oh my gosh, I am completely in heaven with all of these pictures! She is so beautiful. We're so anxious to see you all soon!!

My family Begins July 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

I love her little curls, so sweet.