Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mud Day

This was, by far, one of the most FUN things that I have EVER done.  Every year, Michigan has a mud day in Nankin Mills Park.  Last year, we were all scheduled to go, but then my sweet Hurley came a week early and we had to miss out on the fun.  This year, nothing was going to stop us from going. 

Of course, my kids had a different idea about mud day.  Angie, Emily, and I all showed up ready to watch our kids have a blast,   We were all dressed in mud appropriate clothes (except for Angie, who wore white, and promptly got hit with a mud ball; haha, perfect target!), but the kids weren't as excited about mud day as we were; I think they were overwhelmed by the mobs of dirty people.  Emily decided to leave, but Angie and I brought lunches, so we figured we'd enjoy the nice day and have a picnic. 

So, we made our way over to a shaded area, which, coincidentally, was near a smaller mud puddle.  After our kids ate, Owen took a cup over to the mud puddle and started to play.  After trying to get Brooklen to join him, I did what every good mother would do, and took a cup of mud and poured it on his head.  For the next little while, we had a mud fight.  Owen was all about the pouring; Brooklen liked me to get him muddy, but prefferred not to "enter" the mud puddle.  Later, Mindy and Carter decided to join us, and then the fun really started.  The girls wer getting anxious, so we stripped them down and let them play.  Behold:  fun in the mud:

mudcollage1

mudcollage2

MUDCOLLAGE3

MUDCOLLAGE4

6 comments:

Ethan July 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

Who are you and what have you done with my sister? The Adrienne I grew up with would have NEVER voluntarily gone to this...

BBC July 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

that sounds like SOOOO much fun! what a great idea!

Angie July 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

I LOVE LOVE the pictures!!!! And wow, you were so fast!

Emily July 13, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

I am so sad that we left! We really should have stuck around for the real fun!

Mom July 15, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

Ethan's comment is funny! You would have when you were young!

mbreck July 16, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

What a blast!