I'm Sure He Will Get Over It
I hesitate to post these pictures, but I figure someday (a long, long, long time from now) they will be excellent blackmail for my oldest child.
I imagine that it has been very confusing for Brooklen around our house lately. He has moved rooms, we have gotten new baby furniture, redecorated the room, and brought in new clothes, hairbows, and diapers. But . . . there is no one living in that room (yet).
Last week, he opened one of the dresser drawers in the nursery and insisted that I put a pink, newborn pair of pajamas on him. I promise; I tried to talk him out of it, but he insisted. Parents, seriously, have you ever tried talking a 2-year old out of something that they want; not going to happen!
He then proceeded to play with a hairbow. I swear, I did not encourage this behaviour, and I did not stage a full-on photoshoot. I did, however, for documentation purposes grab my camera and click a few pictures to record.

11 comments:
AAAHHHHH! I love it! He is so funny!
Did he really want to wear that stuff or did you just want to get a better idea of what your daughter is going to look like?
LOL!!! This just made my day!
That is awesome!! You will have a cute girl.
Oh, I feel your pain! My nearly 4-year-old wants to try on Zander's baby clothes. Now, fortunately for me, there is way too much of a difference in size for this to work out. Try getting an infant sized onesie on a 30-pound, 3 foot little girl!
Every kid goes through it. It's funny. Luckily, with as beautiful as his little face is, he's still boyish enough that he can't quite pull it off and that's a good thing! Can't wait to see your baby girl. She's gonna' be gorgeous, I'm sure.
Oh man! I am sure that made Rob's day to see his son wearing little girls clothes...
He's an adorable boy, but I'm not sure about him as a girl.
What a loving brother, he is so sweet to break in all her things for her. I figure at that age it can't hurt and will just make him a well rounded boy if it doesn't go too far. Just like Landen and his princess bike he is in love with.(we call it his 'girlfriend bike'.) Landen is in their dress ups all the time. I'll stop it when he's older but what can it hurt now? I love it, it makes me laugh.
Brooklen has inherited your strong will. Now you are getting a glimpse of what we went thru with you!!! Sometimes it was frustrating, but mostly it is a blessing to have a strong will. And in this day and age, he will need it!
How Cute. I'm so excited to see a picture of your little girl.
Congrats on the baby!
Post a Comment