Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Day

food

We generally don't do much for Valentine's Day. We aren't big fans of the commercialization of the holiday, and since we have an anniversary, which is far more meaningful, we don't really feel the need to celebrate V-Day.

This year, I used the holiday as more of an excuse to indulge. We enjoyed a quiet day at home, homemade sushi for dinner, a chocolate cake with white truffle filling and chocolate ganache for dessert, and a night of playing Rock Band. I was nervous to bake another cake, since I don't do it often, but I'm pretty sure it was a BIG hit. Rob told me that he wants "that exact cake" for his birthday in June.

7 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography February 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Yum-my! I want you to make me SUSHI!

The Sanders Family February 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Isn't that what V-day is all about, spending it with the ones you love.

lauren February 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Yum!

Zack Family February 15, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

UMMM...Can you make me some sushi and a cake too! YUMMY.

Mom February 15, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

That cake looks awesome...can I have the recipe?

Jon and Lara Stowell February 16, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

Homemade Sushi? That's so funny cuz on V-day Jon wanted to make homemade sushi and I was like, "We can't do that we don't know how!" So we went out to a sushi bar for dinner. where'd you learn to make it? Does it taste as good as restaurant sushi?? We LOVE sushi!

My family Begins February 20, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

That sushi looks delicious!