Oh Boy!

Brooklen has really bad eczema, so per our pediatrician, we slather his face with vaseline a couple of times a day. He has really taken to this routine; he knows where the vaseline is kept and grabs it every time I ask him if I can apply "cream" to his skin.
On Sunday, TEN minutes before we had to be out the door to church, my dear little boy decided to grab the vaseline and apply it himself. When we finally found him, he had slathered a good 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly all over his hair. I tried to do a quick fix by combing through his hair . . . no go. Finally, we settled on washing his mane in the sink. Just in case anyone was wondering, vaseline does not come out one's hair in one shampoo. Frazzled, we headed out the door to church anyway. I'm sure several people thought to themselves "the Gillis' either went a little crazy with hair product today or their kid hasn't had a bath in weeks," but thankfully, no one said anything.
I spend the next two days giving Brooklen 2 baths a day. After 5 shampoos, I think his hair is finally back to normal. Oh Boy!
6 comments:
Thats so funny! I did notice the new styling on sunday but it didnt look bad at all.
FUNNY! That beats your independence when you were that age! You liked to unroll the toilet paper. Brooklen is so cute!
LOL....that is hilarious! I think Dawn dish soap takes out anything greasy...that's what I have heard anyways...hopefully you won't have any future need for this info. I do have to say that I am impressed that you went to church with a greasy headed child...that takes guts!
Oh my gosh! Sylvie did the SAME THING at that age. I was so upset. She slathered her entire body in the Vaseline. (She also has bad eczema.) So, it took a few baths before it started coming off. Her hair was matted to her head for days. It was disgusting. I got smarter with Chloe and hid the stuff well.
That's too funny! Reminds me of when my cousin and I were 3 yrs. and all dressed up to go get our pictures taken. Our moms were in a bedroom with the door shut checking out the Christmas stash and I grabbed a huge container of Vaseline - -we smeared it all over us and went to play in the sand box!
But you obviously couldn't be mad at him... he's too cute!
Post a Comment