Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reflecting

Brooklen fell asleep in my arms last night. That doesn't happen very much. Well, really, it NEVER happens! I tried so hard to focus on how it felt to hold my baby as he dosed off. He is growing up so fast, and I don't want to forget how wonderful it feels to rock him to sleep.

7 comments:

ivyk October 26, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

beautiful.

The Sanders Family October 26, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

Those are the best moments when you want them young forever, most days I want them to grow up and move out. But those are the moments us mom live for.

Zack Family October 27, 2008 at 6:22 AM  

I miss those days too! They grow too fast.

Angie October 29, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

How wonderful was that to have him sleep in your arms. It's true that they change too quickly! I'm glad you got to enjoy that moment!

Jon and Lara Stowell October 30, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

Oh my gosh I feel that way every time I hold Ryder. Sometimes I take my time with him for granted and then I tell myself, "He's not going to be like this for much longer." Then I have to pick him up and just cherish the moment. One day they are gonna be too cool for us and we will not be able to hug/kiss them all the time. I never want that day to come.

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Awwww....I love those moments. I have to look forward to sick kids to have the luxury of holding them...it is a bummer when they grow up. He's just so darn cute.

Mackenzie November 1, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

I was actually thinking the same thing when I was there. He's such a momma's boy. You're like his best friend. It's fun to watch you guys together.