Monday, May 5, 2008

Sun-Days

Last week Brooklen and I flew to Arizona to spend a week in the sun. My cute sister and her husband just moved back to Arizona and had a week before they started work. We had so much fun just hanging out in the gorgeous weather. We only wish that Rob could have joined us . . .

Brooklen l-o-v-e-d Ryan. I think he missed his daddy because he became really attached to the men in my family.


Ethan and Ryan watched Brooklen for a couple of hours.

My little "guitar hero." I hope he likes the real thing someday. And no, I did not play. I like to stay away from things that I am not good at and I think I feared embarrassing myself in front of everyone.


My mom with Brooklen. He is definitely his daddy's son. He is happiest when he is outside.


Brooklen playing with "baby Rachel," Mackenzie's doll. It was quite funny to watch him try to interact with this doll.


Other highlights from the trip:
1) Getting Brooklen's pictures taken by Celeste. She did an awesome job. If you are in Arizona and need a photographer, give her a call. I'll post some pictures once I see them all.
2) Going to Nando's to eat and asking Mom, Dad, Kenzie, Ryan, Ethan, Hunter, and Rob to each walk out with handfuls of the key lime mints for me.
3) Going to Last Chance in leggings and Hunter's t-shirt so that I could avoid the dressing room. Seriously, I HATE the "going out for seconds" rule.
4) Having a late night Hills viewing with Lauren, Rob, Ryan, Kenzie, and Maddie in front of the COMPUTER because the TIVO didn't work. LC, puh-lease hook up with Stephen!
5) Watching Gossip Girls and One Tree Hill with Mackenzie. This was one serious session. We are practically BFFs with the characters on these shows (or at least we like to pretend that we are).
6) Having lunch with Mom, Kenzie, Lori, and Sam. These girls know how to have fun!
7) In-N-Out
8) Watching the game at Buffalo Wild Wings with the fam and Lauren.
9) Making dinner with Kenzie.

3 comments:

Mackenzie May 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Who knew we could pack so much into 5 days! I think I need to send baby Rachel to Brooklen since he doesn't have any siblings! Rob wouldn't mind his son playing with a doll, right?

Mackenzie May 5, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

I know, I wish we lived by each other! But if we did, I would want to quit my job and just hang out all the time. Let's start working on a plan to get you guys back to AZ by the time Ryan and I start having kids.

Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

LOL...everyone makes so much fun of me for watching the Hills and Gossip Girl, but I am a complete addict....love them both! Sounds like you had a fun trip....your little guys is just so handsome!