Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chicago

We took a quick trip to Chicago this past weekend. I'd been there before and I have been itching to go back. Chicago is so beautiful! It reminds me a lot of San Francisco, sans the smell of urine (translation: Chicago is cleaner, home to fewer homeless people). Other than the fact that I didn't pack warm enough clothes for all of us, we had a wonderful time.

I spent the entire weekend trying to convince Rob to get a job in Chicago. I'm not so sure that he appreciated that! Let's face it; I am a city girl. I LOVE everything about the city: public transportation, skyscrapers, monstrous parks . . . . I could go on and on, and trust me; I did.

Me: I love mornings in the big city when only the coffeehouses are open.
Rob: Okay.

Me: I love riding the train. Isn't it great?
Rob: Sure.

Me: Doesn't being in the city feel so wonderful.
Rob: Umm . . . I guess.

Anyway, here are a few highlights from our trip.

1) Eating tart froyo at Bloomingdales. Twice. We were all addicted. You should have seen the fit that Brooklen threw while we were walking downstairs to sit down and eat. He wanted it NOW!
Dear Michigan, please catch up with this trend.
2) Going to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. It was 46 degrees, but it was still a blast!
3) Meeting Hyrum and Angie for lunch at a beautiful restaurant in the park. Thanks for lunch; we had so much fun seeing you guys.
4) Visiting the Shedd Aquarium
5) Going to the FREE Lincoln Park Zoo. Brooklen seems to share his mom's disinterest for animals.
6) Eating at the totally ghetto Billy Goat grill. Cheezborger, cheezborger! Love that they serve those things on kaiser buns.
7) Seeing "the bean."
8) The mirrors at the pier that made you look short and chubby and tall and skinny. I always wanted to know what I looked like as a little person. I wish I would have taken pictures.

Funny story about this picture: A woman at the aquarium offered to take our picture. She said she worked there. I was hesitated, but Rob was quick to hand over our camera. After she shot the picture, she asked us for a donation. I was not surprised. I had caught on immediately to the fact that she was homeless, and I was scared she was going to jack our camera. I am tight with the homeless. They can't fool me!

At "the bean."

Pretty leafy seahorses at the Shedd Aquarium

Wrigley Field

8 comments:

Kristin Coppee May 14, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

Yay! I'm a city girl too. All the way!

Celeste and Devyn May 14, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

ah! I lived in Chicago for a summer, I loved it! Such a fun city!
Hey, sorry its taken me so long to get the pictures to you. I'm sending them off on Friday, so you should get them sometime next week. Thanks again!

Celeste and Devyn May 14, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

ah! I lived in Chicago for a summer, I loved it! Such a fun city!
Hey, sorry its taken me so long to get the pictures to you. I'm sending them off on friday so you should get them sometime next week. Thanks again!

Ethan May 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

So I am jealous for two reasons...you go to go to a game at Wrigley Field, and I am assuming it was the Diamondbacks too!

Angie May 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Chicago is an amazing city. I love it there too. I need to find out where you took those fun mirror pictures and what the "bean" is however for our next trip there. It looked like fun!

Mackenzie May 18, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

I read your post the first day you posted it, but for some reason it's taken me a while to comment. It looks like the trip was a blast! I'm totally jealous! Next time you go to the bean, take me with you!

Angie May 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Keep working on Rob! We loved seeing you guys!!

Vonney May 25, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

I have always wanted to go to Chicago! What a cute family. And your little boy is a doll!