Back From Arizona
Brooklen and I had a great time in Arizona last week. We had fun spending time with my family and we L-O-V-E-D the semi-warm weather. I was so excited that I pulled out my flip-flops and wore them all week.
The trip going to Arizona was long and hard. I have decided that flying in the winter + flying through Chicago always = delays. Luckily, there ended up being only 15 people on our flight to Phoenix, so I didn't feel too bad that Brooklen was tired and fussy. Some of the highlights from our trip were:
1) Eating sushi at RA with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Hunter
2) Shopping, shopping, shopping (mostly for Brooklen)
3) Brooklen getting to ride a horse for the first time
4) Seeing my extended family and seeing Lauren
5) Spending the last night having a "girls night" with my mom. We rented a movie and ate Golden Spoon frozen yogurt (a "blast from my past;" I loved this stuff when I lived in California
I took very few pictures. I'm not sure why, but I regret it.



Lastly, I've decided that my baby has a crush on me. When I was in Arizona, I started to finally realize that he recognizes me. Since we've come home, he's been attached at my hip. Literally. He cries when I put him down, and he won't let me get anything done. Yesterday, I pulled out the sling, and he spent the entire day on my hip happy as can be. I cleaned and cooked with him in that thing. This is both endearing and annoying. I love that he wants ME, but I am not thrilled that I feel like he thinks he should be spoiled. I don't want him to be the kid that screams everytime his mom tries to leave him with a babysitter or takes him to nursery. Rob and I FULLY support the "cry-it-out" method (Brooklen would not have slept through the night at 3 months without it), but I can only listen to so much. Oh well, I am hoping this is a phase that he gets over. I find some comfort in the fact that he usually does not cry when a stranger tries to hold him (although he will sometimes look around to make sure that Mom and Dad are still there). I also hope (or maybe don't hope) that since he is so active, he will not want to be held all of the time once he can run around. For now, I am in survival mode.
2 comments:
LOVE the picture of Brooklen and your dad on the horse....dang cute memory! Sorry we missed you...sounds like you had a great visit!
Yes, I am glad I don't live in the snow. I feel sorry for you, there is nothing worse than being cold.
Sorry, I didn't get to stop by when you were in town. I had to speak at Enrichment one night and then visiting teaching another(which I would have gladly tried to get out of, but I had made appts. with all five of the women and it would have been more of a pain to try to cancel with all of them) and then we left for Denver. Next time you come to town, I will make sure to stop by afterall you only come to town once a year.
Post a Comment