Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who Needs Toys?


This is my baby's favorite toy right now. Yes, you are right . . . it is a syringe. A couple of months ago my mom sent me some gripe water to help with Brooklen's colic. I can't say that I actually believe that it worked (I think I'm too logical, I just don't trust natural remedies), but hey, we got a free toy out of the whole deal. Because said toy is not exactly the kind of thing I want my child to be shoving in his eye or down his mouth, he is only allowed to play with it while I am changing his diaper and I am controlling where it goes. Call me a bad mom, but who needs to PAY for toys when something free keeps my baby happy?


My most recent life dilemma deals with trying to get my baby to stop crying. It seems like it was forever ago when I was freaking out about a project, a test, or a boss's visit. Now, I just want some peace and quiet! This week (yes, it seems like things change on a weekly basis) it is standing in front of the mirror that makes him happy. Although he is only three months old, he is already vain. He started liking to do this a couple of months ago (he is 3 1/2 weeks old in the first picture), but now, it is the ONLY thing that he wants to do. While I do enjoy watching him smile at "the little man" that is in the mirror, I am an adult and it gets old . If only he realized that he is balding, he might not be so excited about looking at himself all day long!

2 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography October 22, 2007 at 7:23 PM  

I am so excited you started a blog! That little boy is a doll!

annette gillis October 23, 2007 at 2:14 PM  

I totally agree that looking at Brooklen is every bit as good as Baby Einstein...actually better. I, like Brooklen, like looking at him!