2 Years Old
Dear Hurley,

It has been such an exciting 2 years watching you learn and grow. We are so lucky to have you as a part of our family; you bring us so much joy!



You love your brother, Brooklen. Although you are very girly, you love to run with him and try all of the tricks that he does. There is never a dull moment with you two. Hurley, you are very brave. One of your favorite things to do is to jump off of things. We have to watch you closely all of the time. You will jump off of furniture and stairs (one time I caught you trying to jump OVER 4 stairs). You also love to hang upside down and be thrown up in the air.

You aren't potty-trained yet, but often you will tell us and poop into the toilet (you know that there is a CANDY reward). I love this picture that I took in the backyard a few weeks ago. Your brother dropped his pants to pee, and you quickly followed. Too bad you can't be like him in every way!

Two of your other favorite things to do are throw rocks (especially into water) and play in sand. If we get you started doing either of these things, we know that NOTHING, not even food, will convince you to stop.

The first thing you say when you wake up in the morning is "Mickey Mouse." You LOVE to watch Mickey and Dora and if I let you, you could probably watch them all day long. At bedtime, you have you daddy wrapped around your little finger. After scriptures and a prayer, you turn to him and say, "couch." You like to fall asleep on the couch, with your dad, while watching tv.

You are a "girly-girl." You insist on always wearing a necklace or a bracelet and your favorite color is pink. When I ask you what you want to wear, you always respond, "pink!" You have two handbags (only one of them is a Coach bag) and you love to carry them around on your shoulder like mom. And . . . you wish you had a real cell phone, with a jquery texting pad. We get lots of laughs at the store when you pretend to talk and text on mine. One of your favorite pastimes is to call your Grandpas. We usually tell them to hang up when they are bored because you would talk forever if you had things your way.

You were very excited to welcome Zaya into the family. You love babies, and you were happy to have a real one come to live with us. You have several dolls that you adore. Even though you color all over their heads and bodies, you love them and always like to have one in your possession.

You are a petite little thing, but you sure can eat! You frequently out eat your brother, and you always get excited about food. When I tell you that you can have a snack, you usually throw your arms in the air and say, "Yeah!" Your favorite foods are muffins, candy, blueberries, and you always insist that we have waffles on Saturday mornings. You definitely have a sweet tooth. You constantly ask for candy, and you always find our stash (even if you have to move a chair and climb on the counter).

For a two year-old, you are very socially mature! You LOVE your friends and adore spending time with them. Ellika and Afton are you best buds and you get super excited whenever you see them. For your birthday, we had them over for a little party (sans brothers). You were so silly, Hurley. After I sang you "Happy Birthday," you started making jokes. You would say, "Happy Birthday Ellie" or "Happy Birthday Afton" and then laugh hysterically. After you did this about 20 times, your friends finally saw the humor in your joke and started laughing and copying you.

Hurley, we are truly smitten by you. You have been a perfect addition to our family and we love you more than you can imagine.
Happy Birthday little princess.
Love,
Mommy
6 comments:
I only manage to get the updates on everyone's blogs about once a quarter. Congratulations on the new little girl. I don't know how to pronounce the name but I love all the pictures and LOVE the middle name too. Your children all have such beautiful skin. I love Zaya's little heart lips in the first new-born picture. You can add photography to your many talents, nice work!
Aunt G.
She is looking so tan in those last pics! I can't believe my girl is already 2! I love her so much and can't wait to see her in just a few weeks!
Oh what a beautiful angel! And her sweet personality matches her looks!
Love that letter to her! She is SO adorable. I love that she has her own Coach bag! You really have the most beautiful children.
Stop right now! I love her!
What a precious little girl! I miss those years, thanks for sharing yours.
Post a Comment