Saturday, September 25, 2010

Deck

Since our house didn't have a deck when we bought it, we decided that after 3 years in Michigan, it was finally time for us to get one.  We priced out a couple deck companies, and ultimately decided that Rob could build a deck for much, much less than it would cost us to hire the service out.  So, my amazing handyman husband, starting researching the project, bought materials, sacrificed hours and hours of time, and now . . . tah-dah:  We finally have a deck!

Brooklen loved the framing stage:

deckclimbing

deckclimbing2

Hurley, the helper; AKA, Hurley the amazing, danger-seeking nail eater!

deckhelper

Finished; waiting to be stained.

deck3

deck4

I love this! Rob was preparing to stain the deck and went outside to tape up the brick. When I went outside, I found this. He claims that the only magazine he could find was filled with nothing but headshots of beautiful women. haha!!!!

deck2

Finished!

deck

Thank You Rob!  We LOOOOOOOOOOVE it!

12 comments:

lauren September 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

dig the stain!

Zack Family September 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

love it! that seriously is amazing rob! looks great.

Ethan September 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Did he have anyone help with the framing? That seems really complicated to do by yourself...

The Tarbet Family September 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

it turned out so great! way to go rob!

Brittni Schroeder Photography September 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Party at your house!

Mom September 26, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

Wow, your hubby is really talented! Way to go Rob!! Looks great!

Mackenzie September 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Love it! Tell Rob he did a great job. Ryan was also impressed!

Megan September 27, 2010 at 4:09 AM  

WOW!!! It looks amazing! Such a handyman!

Megan September 27, 2010 at 4:10 AM  

WOW!!! It looks amazing! Such a handyman!

Emily September 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

I love the deck. It's a great addition to your house. Rob did a fabulous job!

annette gillis September 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

WOW!! I am truly impressed! I wish that our deck looked like that!

Steoger Fam October 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

Love the deck! It looks awesome. Way to go Rob!