Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Arizona


Brooklen, Hurley, and I had the chance to go to Arizona a few weeks ago for a warm vacation. The weather was AMAZING! Brooklen was definately in heaven being able to play at the park in 70-degree weather. He was also completely spoiled by my parents; I think he had withdrawls for a few days after we came home. Here is a bullet list of highlights from our trip.

1. In-N-Out
2. Last Chance (3 times, and I still almost cried when we left for the last time). And lots of shopping (mostly for the kiddos). I always come back with tons more than I came with (thx Mom).
3. Parks, parks, and more parks. And LOTS of duck feeding.
4. Merry-go-rounds
5. Build-a-bear. Brooklen made a bear named Brooklen who was dressed like him. The next day he changed the bear's name to Arthur. The bear continues to go by the name of Arthur.
6. The Arizona Science Museum
7. BBQing at Kenzie and Ryan's new house!
8. Planting Grandpa's garden. Brooklen loved using the rototiller.
9. Feeding and riding the horses everyday.
10. Grandpa's fresh-squeezed orange juice everyday. Seriously; once you've had my dad's orange juice, you'll never want to drink anything else.
11. Spending time with good friends and eating at some amazing new places. Gilbert is definately a different place than it was when I was younger.

2 comments:

Mom March 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

We loved having you and we MISS you all!!!!

My family Begins March 25, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

You have an adorable family! You have such great parents and they have so many fun things for your kids to enjoy.

I actually never thought I would end up in Gilbert. I had these big dreams of living in sunny California but I think it will be a fun place to raise my little one.