Thursday, January 29, 2009

Eighteen Months

IMG_7384

Dear Brooklen,

WOW! I can't believe that you are already eighteen months old. You are such a wonderful kid, I am so grateful for all of the things that I have learned and for the joy that I have received from being your mom.

You love to play. Your favorite toys are your basketball hoop, your Cotton-Eye Joe Car, and your shape-sorter. You also love to listen to mommy and daddy read you your favorite books.

IMG_7346

You started going to nursery alone a couple of weeks ago, and not surprisingly, you were glad to have your independance. You love going to your "own class," and you know exactly where it is in the church building.

Though you still will not watch anything on the television, you adore watching music videos on the computer. Your personal favorite is "Watching You" by Rodney Atkins. Your daddy sings this song to you before bedtime and it makes you laugh when you hear it on the radio or watch it on the computer. You want us to play it for you over and over and over again! I'm pretty sure we watch it about 20 times a day. You also love to dance to music. The other day, daddy and I took you to the mall to let you run around. Everytime you passed a store that was playing music really loud, you stopped in the doorway and danced your heart out.

IMG_7374

You love being outside; because of this, the snowy winter has been hard. Everytime we are outside, regardless of the bitter temperature, you can't wait to walk.

IMG_7255

At eighteen months, you still aren't saying much. You are very smart though, and I just know that one of these days you are just going to start chattering in sentences.

IMG_7373


You still love to eat. We have been trying really hard to get you to chew your food before you swallow it, but to no avail. You ALWAYS eat like it is your last meal. Fortunately, however, you have been introduced to many types of food and you will eat anything. Daddy and I love cooking and eating new things, and you are always "game" for something new.

IMG_7400

You sure are one clean kid. This is one habit that I am definately hoping sticks. If you spill something, you immediately grab a towel to clean it up. You put your toys away after you play with them, and you often "freak out" when you make a mess at dinner time. Of course, you love to vacumn and mop the floors with me.

bricks

Lastly, you are still a doll and yes, I still love shopping for cute new outfits and dressing you to impress. Get used to it kid, I don't think that I'll ever grow out of this.

IMG_7399

Brooklen, your dad and I are so blessed to have you in our lives. We love you more than you could ever imagine.

Love,

Mommy

7 comments:

Alisha February 1, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Adrienne-he's so cute! I love the pictures you have captured of him. He's definitely one well-dressed little man.

The Hall's February 2, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

I can't believe he is 18 months. He is such an adorable little boy. By the way, you are getting so talented with that camera of yours! Love the pictures! And, I'm glad he's enjoying nursery so much.

Angie February 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Did you take these pictures? They look great. Did you take them over Christmas in Arizona? Obviously somewhere warm where you could be outside. That sounds nice!

Mom February 3, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

You are such an awesome mom! I love the letters to him.

Amy February 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

I love it that he's a neat freak; how does one go about instilling that in their own kid?

Zack Family February 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

I love that letter to him and those pictures. He is a cute boy!

Rigby's February 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

I love this! Adorable pictures and I love how you wrote it like a letter to him.