Gingerbread
Every year, I promise myself that I am going to get my Aunt Gretchen's wonderful gingerbread recipe and make gingerbread houses for us to decorate. Another year . . . and another broken promise to myself.
Brooklen and I went to IKEA today and made a gingerbread house. I thought that Brooklen would enjoy helping me decorate. Nope, I was wrong; he didn't care about the house, but he sure did care about stuffing his tummy full of candy! About an hour into the project, he got full. Since this meant that he was done with "his work," it meant that I also had to be done with mine.
Brooklen and I went to IKEA today and made a gingerbread house. I thought that Brooklen would enjoy helping me decorate. Nope, I was wrong; he didn't care about the house, but he sure did care about stuffing his tummy full of candy! About an hour into the project, he got full. Since this meant that he was done with "his work," it meant that I also had to be done with mine.

10 comments:
That house is so cute. And I'm impressed that he even made it an hour, that's quite the attention span!
What a cute picture! I actually bought a kit for us to do when you're here. Guess we can all watch Brooklen stuff himself!
How fun! I didnt know you could make them there. What a fun project!
Wow, a picture with you in it! It's about time. Usually when we do gingerbread houses, it's ME stuffing my face.
What a nice mom you are...letting your son pig out on candy. I hope he still ate dinner or that may have been his first and last time.
I have that hat in tan!! ;)
(Yours, not B's, although his is cute, too!)
Miss ya!
Love the candy corn roof. My kids are all about the candy too. They are really starting to get into the decorating though..kind of fun.
Ah yes - the gingerbread house. First of all - it's a huge project to bake that house my mom makes every year. We're talking like two days! I'll let her keep doing it for now. It's so hard to decorate it with the kids, though. They don't do it the way I want it done. I want it perfect. It's not about the kids having fun. It's about me having the perfect gingerbread house to display. SIGH. Just wait 'til you have more kids and they all have their own ideas about how to decorate it. I need one for me and one for the kids.
Smart boy! Nibble while you make, now he knows which candy taste best and to pick off first when nobody's watching.
What a great idea!!! I bet he loved it!!!
Post a Comment